Sunday, August 05, 2007
It has been over a week and my nausea and headache still isn't gone. Crowds irritate the shit out of me whenever these bouts of headaches and giddiness take over. At times I can't even stand the smell of Old Chang Kee, let alone the smell of Pandan! Eww. The murmuring and chattering of people around, shoving and pushing in the mall simply accelerates the nausea and I wish that I could puke in their faces. =D
And so yesterday while most of you were probably grumbling and complaining about the ungodly hot weather, guess where the boy and I went?
McRitchie Reservoir!
Yes. We, the ever-so-jakon-nak-mampus duo, headed down in the afternoon and trekked the 10++km just to cross the HSBC Treetop Walk. Kinda ironic actually, trekking 10++km only to cross a 25++m high suspended bridge which was only 250m long. Haha.
Sweating under the sweltering heat we were, but it was a nice experience. Spooky more like it though, during some parts of the journey. It was just the two of us, on some lonely path in the woods. The trees caved in on us, broken, fallen trees everywhere. And my parents kept telling me about murders, mysterious disappearances and how people got possessed there, etc. Thus I kept imagining either a tree falling and crushing me to death, or that Fattah would get possessed and try to strangle me. Especially during the moments when we trudged along in silence. Creepy.
And finally after about 2hours we reached the damn Treetop Walk. Yay!
Of course, the trip to the bloody exit was just as excruciatingly tiring, but memorable. Lots of adorable monkeys and when we were so desperate to change out of our sweaty attire we seeked refuge in the nearest petrol station. Haha.
First it was Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, now McRitchie Reservoir. Where to, next?
How I love nature hikes like these. :)
Oh god, here we go again. Nausea. =X
Labels: Awesome Possum, McRitchie, spooky
X O X O; 2:59 pm